Sunday, June 22, 2008

Relaxation

What a relaxing weekend! Saga and I took a lovely long walk in her park yesterday morning around sunrise. The air was cool, the dew was thick and the prairie dogs were still groggy from sleep. When we returned, I took the bike down to the store and got a few things.

I've decided that with the supermarket only three-or-so miles away, I should really bike there unless I am doing a major shop. So I got a side-bag (it hangs off the bike rack) to carry groceries in and makes shopping by bike easier.

The rest of the day was spend doing a little light housework, catching-up on my bookkeeping, and chatting with friends and family on the phone. In the afternoon, I took a swim and another bike ride. The day was spent in the bliss of someone who has no actual schedule to follow.

As evening fell, a neighbor came over and we shared a bottle of wine and conversation out in the cool air of the evening on my deck. Her cat came over to check things out, and Saga came out to check-up on our guests. It was lovely!

Today, I think may be much the same. But, perhaps I will dump my camera gear into the car and go for a drive... look for something to shoot. Who knows. I don't have to be anywhere until six tomorrow morning. Today belongs to me and Saga.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - June 22, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: