Monday, April 10, 2006

Six

I was up before six yesterday! Why is that?

It's not like we had tons of wine with dinner on Saturday night! When I was cleaning the kitchen and putting the house in order yesterday I carried nine empty wine bottles out to the recycling bin. If anything I should have been tired.

Perhaps it was that the previous evening was so enjoyable that I just didn't have the need to sleep more. When I woke up I was sure I had slept-in. The breeze was blowing in, chill and constant from my slightly-open window. Knowing it must be somewhere around nine, I rolled over and looked at the clock. Nope! It was just going on Six!

Over my coffee, I decided it was time to do a really long ride that morning so I was dressed in my riding kit and out the door by 07:00. My path yesterday took me down the Portsmouth road and into Esher then over to Sunbury and into Teddington around the park and up to Kingston. I then rode down the tow path along the Thames back to Hampton court where I stopped for a breather at the beer garden outside The King's Arms.

The daffodils were looking lovely in their planter boxes so I took these pictures. What a lovely morning! I stopped at the Hampton Court Superstore (a humorous name for the place considering its diminutive scale) and picked-up some potatoes and mushrooms. After my ride home, I made myself a mushroom, bacon and cheese omelet (with sage darby cheese left over from the cheese board) and cottage potatoes.

The rest of the day was spent indoors because the rain started around noon. It was a lazy do laundry and start thinking of my homeward journey kind of day. I popped into the pub for a short while last night and had an early evening of it. This morning dawned cold and clear; I discovered that I had a flat tire on my bike so I have to go to the bike shop at lunch to get a new tube. Oh well... my weekend was great at least!

I hope wherever you are, your weekend was as pleasant!

Don Bergquist - 10-April-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: