Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Jetlag

jet lag also jet·lag (jet' lag)

n. A temporary disruption of body’s circadian rhythms caused by high-speed travel across several time zones typically in a jet aircraft.

jet-lagged adj.

Okay, so I have never really thought of it, but then I have never really traveled across more than four or five time zones at a time. It is not so much the going east that gets you, it is the returning west.

I guess, looking back, I have always had trouble sleeping later than by body thought I aught to, regardless of when I go to bed. When I started traveling for a living back in the dark ages, I remember my first trip to the west coast was accompanied by early morning soirées of the hotel and the town. And the time I went to Honolulu I was out at the east shore for sunrise shots nearly every morning.

So I guess it should be no surprise that I had no problem getting to the right time when I went to London a month ago. But now I am working my way back to Mountain Daylight Time. Suffice it to say that I was up at 03:00 yesterday and was up at 04:00 this morning.

Close but no cigar! I am hoping that since it is vacation time I can get myself to the point that I can sleep until at least six tomorrow. Oh well. I hope you are having a great day and that your holiday season (which ever holiday you celebrate) is going well.

Have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Lakewood, Colorado – 21, December, 2004

No comments: